[googlemap src=”” align=”alignright” ]RIALTO: (VVNG.com)- On 06/06/2014, at 9:54 PM Rialto Fire Department responded to a 911 call for a child drowning in the 100 block of S. Eucalyptus Avenue in Rialto.
Paramedics arrived and found Ivan Turrico, a 10 year old resident in full arrest.
Turrico was transported by ambulance to an area hospital where he was pronounced dead at 10:40 PM. An autopsy will be conducted to determine the cause of death.
The Rialto Police Department is investigating the incident.
The Pool Safely campaign provides information on the simple steps that parents, caregivers, and pool owners should take to ensure that children and adults stay safe in and around pools and spas:
- Never leave a child unattended in a pool or spa and always watch your children closely around all bodies of water.
- Designate a water watcher to supervise children in the pool or spa. This person should not be reading, texting, using a smart phone, or otherwise distracted.
- Learn how to swim and teach your child how to swim.
- Learn how to perform CPR on children and adults.
- Keep children away from pool drains, pipes, and other openings to avoid entrapments.
- Ensure any pool and spa you use has drain covers that comply with federal safety standards, and, if you do not know, ask your pool service provider about safe drain covers.
source: San Bernardino Coroners Release//Poolsagely.gov
All News2 days ago
Hesperia man arrested in connection with catalytic converter thefts
All News5 days ago
Elderly man on motor scooter struck and killed in Victorville hit-and-run crash
All News3 days ago
Victorville Police attempting to identify burglary suspect
All News4 days ago
1 person critically injured in 15 freeway crash in Victorville
All News19 hours ago
Detectives arrest Apple Valley man for sex crimes against a child and incest
All News3 days ago
75 cited during traffic operation in Adelanto and Apple Valley
All News6 days ago
5 brush fires ignite in the Cajon Pass on Sunday
All News20 hours ago
Off-Highway vehicles are illegal on public roadways within Victorville City