APPLE VALLEY, Calif: (VVNG.com)- VVAPL Humane Society is uniting with animal-lovers and animal welfare organizations around the world to participate in the 4th Annual Remember Me Thursday® candle-lighting ceremony. Remember Me Thursday® aims to unite individuals and pet adoption organizations to be an unstoppable, integrated voice advocating for orphan pets to live in forever homes, not die waiting for them. VVAPL invites the public to participate in a candle-lighting ceremony, Thursday, September 22nd, 2016, and to opt to adopt and reduce the millions of orphan pets euthanized each year. Prior to the ceremony, VVAPL will also hold a Blessing of the Animals.
The event will be held at VVAPL Humane Society, 21779 Zuni Road in Apple Valley and includes:
- VVAPL’s adoption hours are extended to 6 p.m.
- Meet animal control and tour their truck 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Blessing of the Animals 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Bring your pet (or a photo of your pet) to have your pet blessed.
- Forever Linked Memorial Chain. The chain memorializes animals that have crossed over the Rainbow Bridge. For $10, you can add a link with a personalized message in remembrance of your pet or pets who have died waiting for forever homes. Children can add messages to a Remember Me Thursday paper chain at no charge.
- Candle-lighting ceremony 6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Only flameless candles allowed. Download candle app for your phone – Light for Pets, Helen Woodward – from Google Play or ITunes. VVAPL will also have flameless candles available to use.
“VVAPL Humane Society sees so many wonderful pets that are simply abandoned because their owners had to move or didn’t understand the time and care that a pet requires,” said Terry Saenz, Public Relations. “These pets can be purebred, well-behaved, loving animals but they don’t get a second chance because there is so little awareness of the types of animals available at local rescue facilities.”
Stand with VVAPL Humane Society on September 22 to support pet adoptions and reduce the millions of orphan pets euthanized each year.
VVAPL Humane Society is a nonprofit. For more information, visit vvapl.com and click on the Remember Me Thursday logo or call (760) 247-2102.