Victorville News

Victorville House Fire Leaves Three Displaced

VICTORVILLE-(VVNG.com): Two adults and a child were displaced following a Saturday evening fire at a home in the 14700 block of Saguaro Street in Victorville.

Photo By: April Soto
Photo By: April Soto

At about 4:10 p.m. on September 19th, dispatch received a report of a fire in the garage of the single-story home.

San Bernardino County firefighters, including five medic engines, a ladder truck and a battalion chief quickly arrived to find the home, with a well involved garage with some extension into the home. Upon arrival firefighters located the occupants, who were out of the home, but as a precaution an additional clearing of the home was conducted.

Firefighters worked for about 15 minutes before the fire was fully extinguished. There were no injuries reported as a result of this fire.

An investigator and Southern California Edison officials determined that the fire was caused by an overheated battery left on a charger in the garage. The damage was estimated at $70,000.

Leave a comment

Comment(s)

Show More

VVNG Staff

Have a news tip or story idea? We’d love to hear from you! Call (760)998-1598 or email News@vvng.com

Close