Wednesday , 26 October 2016
Photo By: April Soto
Photo By: April Soto

Victorville House Fire Leaves Three Displaced

VICTORVILLE-( Two adults and a child were displaced following a Saturday evening fire at a home in the 14700 block of Saguaro Street in Victorville.

Photo By: April Soto
Photo By: April Soto

At about 4:10 p.m. on September 19th, dispatch received a report of a fire in the garage of the single-story home.

San Bernardino County firefighters, including five medic engines, a ladder truck and a battalion chief quickly arrived to find the home, with a well involved garage with some extension into the home. Upon arrival firefighters located the occupants, who were out of the home, but as a precaution an additional clearing of the home was conducted.

Firefighters worked for about 15 minutes before the fire was fully extinguished. There were no injuries reported as a result of this fire.

An investigator and Southern California Edison officials determined that the fire was caused by an overheated battery left on a charger in the garage. The damage was estimated at $70,000.

Leave a comment


About Victor Valley News

Victor Valley News has the largest online presence in the High Desert. We provide newsworthy communications to the Victor Valley areas including Victorville, Hesperia, Apple Valley, Adelanto, Phelan and more. Have a news tip? Want to advertise with us? Want to contribute? Contact us today E-mail: or Phone: (760) 998- 1598.

Check Also

(Marijuana File Photo)

Illegal Marijuana Grow Operation Shut Down in Adelanto

ADELANTO — For the second time in four months, another illegal marijuana grow operation was …