Home News Victorville hotel evacuated due to smoke

Victorville hotel evacuated due to smoke

SHARE
A small stove fire caused a Victorville hotel to temporarily evacuate. (Gabriel D. Espinoza, Victor Valley News)
A small stove fire caused a Victorville hotel to temporarily evacuate. (Gabriel D. Espinoza, Victor Valley News)

VICTORVILLE, Calif. (VVNG.com) The Extended Stay Studio Hotel on Monarch Boulevard was temporarily evacuated Wednesday afternoon after reports of smoke.

Just after 5:30 p.m. the San Bernardino County Fire Department responded to 14786 Monarch Blvd after receiving reports that there was smoke visible on the third floor of the hotel.

Advertisement

Once firefighters entered the building they determined the smoke was caused by a stove top cooking fire that did not spread and was quickly contained, San Bernardino County Fire Department Spokesman Eric Sherwin confirmed.

Firefighters used fans to expel the smoke from the unit and those staying at the hotel were able to go back into their rooms, a hotel representative stated.

A total of 4 engines, 2 trucks, squad, and a Battalion Chief responded to the incident.

Leave a comment

Comment(s)