STAY WARM AND EAT GREAT!
- Onion- Chopped
- Carrots- Sliced
- Celery (Stalks and leaves) – sliced
- Garlic- Chopped
- Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper to taste
- Chicken Broth (and water as needed)
- Cooked Chicken- Cubed
- Egg Noodles (or rice)
- Fresh Spinach Leaves
- Grated Cheese (Optional)
- In large heavy pot, heat 2-3 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Add Veggies and Sauté over medium/high flames until starting to brown.
- Lower heat slightly and add garlic and seasonings and cook until caramelized.
- Add broth and Chicken (plus enough water to cover well)
- Check seasoning for taste (adjust to personal preference )
- Simmer until veggies are almost tender
- Add pasta (Egg Noodles or Rice) and cook until *’Al Dente’
- Turn Off flame and stir in spinach and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of cold water to halt noodles from overcooking
- Serve and enjoy with fresh grated cheese!
*Al dente means “to the tooth” in Italian. This is the desired texture achieved when cooking pasta. When pasta is cooked al dente it should have a slight resistance when being chewed. The pasta should be cooked fully but not soft.
Looking for more recipes and ideas?
Join our Food group with over 2200 members and share your recipes and get great cooking ideas from other locals. www.facebook.com/groups/victorvalleyfoodjunkies Victor Valley Food Junkies