Wednesday , 26 October 2016
Rancho Verde Elementary
14334 Pioneer Rd Apple Valley, CA 92307 (image: googlemaps)

Students Who Consume Marijuana Brownies Hospitalized

APPLE VALLEY: According to several reports from parents, on April 23, 2014, two sixth-grade students from Rancho Verde Elementary School were taken to Saint Mary’s Medical Center after eating brownies that contained marijuana.

Apple Valley Unified School District Superintendent Tom Hoegerman confirmed that the incident had taken place, and stated there was no threat of further drug-exposure to students at this time.

“Yesterday there were two students suspected to be intoxicated, we transported them immediately due to their health concerns. Our police have been involved in investigating, which is now almost complete. A student stole the food from their grandparents’ house, and didn’t know the food was contaminated. We really want to reinforce the point of never taking food from others. That’s why we have rules at our school to prevent taking home-baked goods to school. This was an accidental incident; no other students are at risk of drug exposure at this time. We really want to get the message out; don’t eat food that other people give you,” AVUSD Superintendent Tom Hoegerman told Victor Valley News.

Leave a comment


About Victor Valley News

Victor Valley News has the largest online presence in the High Desert. We provide newsworthy communications to the Victor Valley areas including Victorville, Hesperia, Apple Valley, Adelanto, Phelan and more. Have a news tip? Want to advertise with us? Want to contribute? Contact us today E-mail: or Phone: (760) 998- 1598.

Check Also

(Hugo C. Valdez, Victor Valley News)

DMV Experiencing Major Computer Outages For 2nd Day

VICTORVILLE, CA:( As we previously reported Monday, the California Department of Motor Vehicles is continuing …