VICTOR VALLEY: Beginning in July of 2016, deputies from throughout the Victor Valley Region have conducted two Desert Guardian Operations; one in the City of Victorville and one in the City of Hesperia.
The Mission of Operation Desert Guardian is to conduct criminal suppression operations and high visibility enforcement in the Victor Valley.
The Town of Apple Valley, Victorville City, Hesperia City and the City of Adelanto provided funding for Operation Desert Guardian. San Bernardino County First District Supervisor Robert Lovingood also allocated funds to support and make these operations possible.
Several divisions of the Sheriff’s Department are participating in the operations; SMASH Narcotics, Desert Dispatch and High Desert Detention Center Transportation.
Victorville City Operation
- 39 arrests (Misdemeanor and Felony).
- One gun recovered.
- 6.5 ounces of marijuana.
- 40 ecstasy tablets.
- 4.1 ounce of methamphetamine.
- Nine citations issued.
- One stolen vehicle, suspect taken into custody.
Hesperia City Operation
- 35 arrests (Misdemeanor and Felony)
- Four parole searches
- Ten probation/PRCS searches
- One stolen vehicle
- Two pounds of methamphetamine
- Search warrant – marijuana oil extraction lab located along with over an ounce of methamphetamine.