Upon patient contact it was found that the adult male was working around an old pile of firewood in which he was tidying up on the property when he reached for a log in the pile and felt a burning sensation in his arm. At that point he noticed a juvenile rattlesnake, later identified by fire personnel as a Southern Pacific Diamondback Rattlesnake.
These types of snakes are very venomous and are also known by the name of Western Diamondbacks here in the Southern California Region. County Fire Paramedics provided immediate advanced life support, stabilizing the victim, and rapidly transported the victim to LLUMC where doctors were there waiting his arrival to aggressively treat the bite. The victim arrived at the doors of LLUMC in less than one hour from the time the 911 call was placed thus decreasing the possible damage to his tissues.
Source: San Bernardino County Fire Department Captain Jay Hausman