Friday , 21 October 2016
(photo by Hugo C. Valdez, Victor Valley News)
(photo by Hugo C. Valdez, Victor Valley News)

Man Airlifted After Suffering Burns

VICTORVILLE, CA:(– A man was airlifted to a trauma hospital after sustaining serious burns Friday evening.

At about 4:30 p.m. dispatch received calls reporting a male subject on fire in front of Midway Home Solutions located on the 14400 block of Atstar Street in Victorville.

“Someone came into the store and told employees that there was a man on fire in front of the store,” stated Sheriff’s spokeswoman Mara Rodriguez.

According to Jeff Allen with San Bernardino County Fire, the male patient with serious nonlife-threatening burns was transported by Mercy Air to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center.

The burn victim appears to be a transient and at this time it’s unclear how he caught on fire. However, it’s believed to have been accidental.

For the latest news in real-time join the chat on Facebook: Victor Valley News

Leave a comment


About Victor Valley News

Victor Valley News has the largest online presence in the High Desert. We provide newsworthy communications to the Victor Valley areas including Victorville, Hesperia, Apple Valley, Adelanto, Phelan and more. Have a news tip? Want to advertise with us? Want to contribute? Contact us today E-mail: or Phone: (760) 998- 1598.

Check Also File Photo

Adelanto Man Arrested After Threatening Apartment Manager

ADELANTO, CA:(– A 61-year-old Adelanto man living in a crime free multi-housing program was arrested …