Monday , 24 October 2016
Google Maps Image
Google Maps Image

Hesperia School Reports Possible Gas Leak

HESPERIA-( At approximately 9:20 A.M., on Monday, January 26th dispatch received a call regarding a possible natural gas leak at a school.

New Life Christian Academy staff members called dispatch and reported a strong smell of gas. As a precaution all students were evacuated to the school gym.

Just minutes after the initial report San Bernardino County fire responded to the scene in the 15900 block of Hercules Street in Hesperia. Firefighters determined the smell was coming from the area of the gas meter.

Southwest gas was dispatched to the scene and upon arrival they discovered that the source of the smell was not a natural gas leak, but a vehicle leaking gas that was parked near the meter.

No injuries were reported.

The technician that responded to the scene did not see any evacuations upon arrival, the evacuations were news to us” said Southwest Gas Representative, Stephen Miller.

Leave a comment


About Victor Valley News

Victor Valley News has the largest online presence in the High Desert. We provide newsworthy communications to the Victor Valley areas including Victorville, Hesperia, Apple Valley, Adelanto, Phelan and more. Have a news tip? Want to advertise with us? Want to contribute? Contact us today E-mail: or Phone: (760) 998- 1598.

Check Also

(Hugo C. Valdez, Victor Valley News)

School Bus and Vehicle Involved in Early Morning Crash

VICTORVILLE, CALIF. ( An Oak Hills man in his 20’s was transported by air ambulance following …