Friday , 21 October 2016 File Photo File Photo

Hawthorn Suites “Up In Smoke” Due to Marijuana Device Mishap

VICTORVILLE:( San Bernardino County Fire responded to the Hawthorn Suites for a possible fire early Friday morning.

On July 8th at about 2:06 a.m. dispatch received a report of a commercial structure fire at 11750 Dunia Road in Victorville.

Per scanner traffic, the reporting party stated white smoke was coming from a room on the second floor. The caller stated the occupants were possibly cooking meth inside the room.

When firefighters arrived on scene no visible smoke or fire was showing from the three-story building. Firefighters assisted with ventilation efforts to help clear the smoke from the hallway and the room.

According to Sgt. Roper from the Victorville station, an inhaler device used to smoke marijuana was accidentally left on the stove. “The subject attempted to unclog the inhaler with boiling water causing the water to evaporate. The inhaler began to smoke and it filled up the area with a burnt plastic smell causing the fire alarm to go off. It turned out to be Marijuana related.”

Authorities said, the subjects were from out of state and in town for the local three-day medical marijuana event at the fairgrounds.

Leave a comment


About Hugo C Valdez

Hugo Valdez has lived in the Victor Valley for over 25 years. His strength is community visionary and leadership. He founded Victor Valley News in 2012 in the effort to bring more awareness and fellowship to the local residents. He has a background in marketing/advertising under his belt. To reach Hugo, send an e-mail to or call him at (760) 998-1598.

Check Also


Hesperia Package Thief Caught on Camera

HESPERIA, CA:( A local homeowner has taken to social media to help spread the word …