Friday, December 9, 2016
(VVNG File Photo)

Garage Fire Fought by San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Deputies and Firefighters

VICTORVILLE-(VVNG.com):  Deputies from the Victorville station responded to a small structure fire contained to the garage on the 13600 block of Breckenridge Lane Wednesday night. The fire was reported as a garage fire at around 8:58 p.m. Upon arrival, deputies saw smoke coming from the garage and attempted to make access to the garage interior.

San Bernardino County Sheriff’s officials said, “It appeared that an electric heater, being used to keep the homeowners dogs warm, had ignited gas fumes from an off road vehicle that was being stored in the garage.” The quad was on fire and pulled from the garage to prevent spread to the structure.

The homeowner and deputies were able to contain the fire until firefighters arrived to extinguish the fire. The fire was out at 9:11 p.m.  No injuries were reported as a result of the fire and no residents were displaced as a result of the fire.

The damage estimates are still to be determined.

Leave a comment

Comment(s)

About Christie Martin

Former contributor for Victor Valley News

Check Also

Victorville Woman Injured in Pit Bull Attack

VICTORVILLE-(VVNG.com):  A 35-year-old woman was injured as a result of a dog bite to both …