Featured StoriesNewsVictorville News

Firefighters Save Gifts From Burning Home on Christmas Day

APPLE VALLEY, Calif. (VVNG.com) Firefighters were able to salvage gifts from a house fire after they ensured everyone exited the home.

An electrical problem is suspected to be the root of a blaze that spread early Christmas morning inside a home, at around 1:30 a.m.

After ensuring everyone was safely out of the home, Firefighters salvaged gifts from the home. (Gabriel D. Espinoza, Victor Valley News)
After ensuring everyone was safely out of the home, Firefighters salvaged gifts from the home. (Gabriel D. Espinoza, Victor Valley News)

When firefighters arrived at the 11100 of Mohawk Road near Viento Road, they found a portion of the house engrossed in heavy fire.

A person in the home required transportation by ground ambulance to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center after sustaining burns from falling debris.

The Apple Valley Fire Department was also witnessed carrying out an armful of presents, already wrapped up for the holiday, safely out of the home.

A utility company was dispatched to secure the electrical system.

A woman who lived in the house told Victor Valley News, “All my family was able to get out safely, I’m so thankful for that, and we have family up the street we are going to stay with tonight.”

An electrical fire was suspected as the cause of a blaze at a house in on Mohawk Street in Apple Valley. (Gabriel D. Espinoza, Victor Valley News)
An electrical fire was suspected as the cause of a blaze at a house in on Mohawk Street in Apple Valley. (Gabriel D. Espinoza, Victor Valley News)
A home was damaged after a fire broke out on Christmas Day. (Gabriel D. Espinoza, Victor Valley News)
A home was damaged after a fire broke out on Christmas Day. (Gabriel D. Espinoza, Victor Valley News)

 

Leave a comment

Comment(s)

Tags
Show More

Gabriel D. Espinoza

Gabe enjoys photography, coffee and his rare visits to the beach. Have a news tip for him? Email Gabe@VVNG.com
Close