Saturday , 22 October 2016
(photo: SB County Fire via Twitter)
(photo: SB County Fire via Twitter)

Firefighters Quickly Control Strip Mall Blaze

VICTORVILLE:( On Monday, February 9, 2015 at 5:30 A.M., Firefighters responded to an early morning 2-alarm commercial fire at the Set Free Treasure Chest, located in a strip mall on the15500 block of 7th Street in the City of Victorville. Upon arrival, smoke was billowing from the back side of the building.

Firefighters quickly acknowledged there were no occupants inside and began an aggressive attack. Firefighters gained the upper hand on the fire within 40 minutes and kept it from spreading into the attic and adjacent businesses. The 20×40 foot storage room was filled from floor to ceiling with merchandise and had limited access, hindering firefighting efforts.

In all, 35 SBCoFire firefighters responded to the scene, with the assistance of 3 firefighters from Apple Valley FPD. Southwest Gas Co. and Southern California Edison also responded to the scene. Firefighters are expected to be on scene for several hours conducting mop-up operations due to the amount of content in the building.

San Bernardino County Fire Investigator Hector Trevino is conducting the investigation. It is believed the fire was caused by transient activity. There were no injuries to civilians or fire personnel. The Set Free Treasure Chest, along with adjacent businesses, sustained smoke damage. The attached storage room to the rear of the business is a complete loss. Damage estimates are undetermined at this time. Anyone with further information is urged to contact We-Tip at 800-47-ARSON (800-472-7766) or Dispatch at 909-356-3805.

San Bernardino County Fire reminds you that it is never safe to enter a structure where there is a suspected or confirmed fire. The best action is to safely evacuate and then call 911 from a location outside of the burning structure. No belongings are worth losing one’s life.

(source: San Bernardino County Fire)

Leave a comment


About Christie Martin

Former contributor for Victor Valley News

Check Also


House Fire Displaces Family of Seven And Four Dogs

PHELAN-(  A family of seven lost their home after a battery pack for an RC …