Adelanto News

Family of Four Displaced After Wednesday Night House Fire

ADELANTO-(VVNG.com): Four adult family members were displaced after their home of 10 years was deemed uninhabitable due to an electrical fire on the 18900 block of Koala Road. The family noticed a spark coming from an electrical outlet causing them to evacuate the home and call the fire department. Upon going outside the home at about 10:00 p.m. Wednesday, December 10th the family noticed smoke coming from the roof area of the home.


Firefighters from the San Bernardino County Fire Department arrived to the single story home about 10 minutes after the report to find smoke coming from the attic

Adelanto house fire leaves four displaced
Adelanto house fire leaves four displaced

area of the home. Firefighter efforts were inhibited due to a lack of area fire hydrants requiring a water tender to be called to the home.

The firefighters found the fire, that was not on the ground floor of the home and was concentrated to the attic area of the home. According to San Bernardino County Fire Department officials in order to slow the progression of the fire they were required to make vertical ventilation in the roof of the home. The fire was extinguished by 10:24 p.m.

One of the occupants of the home, Amanda Kae Malone, lived in the home with her husband and disabled parents. The Red Cross assisted the family with finding a place to stay for three nights, but Malone says that after that, they will have nowhere to go.  They are asking for assistance to help them replace some of their damaged belongings and possibly with some money toward a deposit to rent another home. If you would like to help this family that lost everything due to this fire, the family has set up a go fund me account.

Leave a comment

Comment(s)

Show More

VVNG Staff

Have a news tip or story idea? We’d love to hear from you! Call (760)998-1598 or email News@vvng.com

Close