Home Apple Valley News Explosion Inside Apple Valley Apartment Caused by Marijuana Extraction

Explosion Inside Apple Valley Apartment Caused by Marijuana Extraction

SHARE
(photo by Hugo C. Valdez, Victor Valley News)

APPLE VALLEY:(VVNG.com)- Apple Valley Fire District and the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s responded to a report of a man suffering from burns on Tuesday night.

The call came from an apartment on the 18400 block of Taloga Road at about 9:45 p.m. on July 19th.

Advertisement

Per scanner traffic, a woman called dispatch stating her husband was suffering from burns after an explosion.

According to Sheriff’s spokeswoman Trish Hill, the individual blew himself up when he was extracting oil from Marijuana. 

The male was transported by ground ambulance to St Mary’s Hospital before being flown to Loma  Linda Medical Center. According to a Victor Valley News reporter at the scene, his injuries did not appear to be life-threatening. 

The explosion occurred inside of the master bedroom closet of the apartment. “Children were inside of the apartment but they were not injured,” stated Hill.

Firefighters inspected the apartment for any possible extension of the fire inside of the upstairs apartment.

The Marijuana Team along with Bombs and Arson responded and are currently conducting the investigation.

Leave a comment

Comment(s)