Thursday , 27 October 2016

Elderly Couple Accidentally Causes Fire

On November 13, 2013 seventeen members from the San Bernardino County Fire Department responded to a structure fire in the 10000 block of Avenal Street. The SBC_FIREsingle story residential structure was occupied by an elderly couple at the time of the fire. The couple and their five dogs exited the structure safely after discovering a fire in the laundry room and calling 911. The efforts of four companies from Hesperia and two companies from Victorville confined the damage to the laundry room. No firefighters were injured.

The cause of the fire was ruled accidental; a scorched tea towel used to prepare tea was placed in a hamper in the laundry room. Deep frying turkeys, unattended cooking appliances, and improperly discarded ashes are sources of fire damage to homes.

The San Bernardino County Fire Department wishes you a SAFE and Happy Holidays.

Leave a comment


About Victor Valley News

Victor Valley News has the largest online presence in the High Desert. We provide newsworthy communications to the Victor Valley areas including Victorville, Hesperia, Apple Valley, Adelanto, Phelan and more. Have a news tip? Want to advertise with us? Want to contribute? Contact us today E-mail: or Phone: (760) 998- 1598.

Check Also

(Gabriel D. Espinoza, Victor Valley News)

Felon Arrested After Shots Fired in Victorville Neighborhood

VICTORVILLE, CA:( A convicted felon was arrested Tuesday night after firing over a dozen rounds …