CAJON PASS-(VVNG.com): Commuters traveling through the Cajon Pass should be aware of a few changes as construction crews continue the roadwork on the I-15 northbound and southbound.
This work includes the installation of K-rails, excavation, hauling and paving according to Caltrans reports.
- The northbound bypass lanes will be in place through June from Blue Cut, just south of Cleghorn Road to the Split, about 1.5 miles north of Highway 138.
- The northbound 1-15 will have an alternating lane closure between Kenwood Avenue and Oak Hill Road from Monday, June 15th thru Thursday June 18th from 8:00 p.m. until 11:00 a.m. Closure will also be in effect on Sunday, June 14th from 6:00 p.m. until 11:00 a.m. Monday morning. There will be no detour since other lanes on the I-15 northbound will be open to traffic.
- The southbound I-15 will also be having alternating lane closures between Oak Hill Road and Kenwood Avenue. Commuters can expect these lane closures, Sunday, June 14th from 8:00 p.m. through 5:00 a.m. and Monday, June 18th thru Thursday, June 18th from 6:00 p.m. until 5:00 a.m. With this closure, there is no detour necessary, as other lanes will be open to traffic during the closures.
- There will also be some alternating ramp closures including northbound and southbound -15 connector to highway 138. This will be in effect from Sunday, June 14th thru Thursday, June 18th from 8:00 p.m. Drivers can take the Cleghorn Road exit to the I-15 north to Highway 138. Oak Hill road exit to I-15 south to Highway 138.
- The on and off ramp connector to and from the east and westbound highway 138 will be closed Sunday, June 14th thru Thursday, June 18th from 8:00 p.m. until 6:00 a.m. During this closure, Highway 138. For the southbound off ramp closures use Cleghorn Road as a detour. For the northbound on-ramp closures , take 15 southbound to Cleghorn exit and turn left to the northbound on ramp. For the northbound off ramp closure use the Oak Hill Road detour.
- The Cleghorn northbound on ramp will be closed Sunday June 14th thru Tuesday, June 16th. Use the Kenwood Avenue on-ramp in Devore. For the Cleghorn northbound off ramp, closure will be Sunday, June 14th thru Tuesday June 16th. Commuters are asked to use the northbound 138 exit, turn left to southbound I-15 on ramp then exit Cleghorn Avenue.
[box type=”note” align=”aligncenter” ]Caltrans would like to remind commuters that these plans are subject to change in the case of inclement weather conditions, equipment problems or emergency situations. They would also like to remind drivers to slow for the cone zone.[/box]