Due to the anticipated short-term high winds as well as high temperatures and low humidity, San Bernardino County Fire Marshal Mike Horton has suspended all burn permits and open fires in the following geographic areas:
- Division 1 – All unincorporated West Valley Areas, including the cities of Fontana and Grand Terrace.
- Division 2 – All unincorporated High Desert areas, including the city of Hesperia.
- Division 3 – All unincorporated North Desert areas, including the cities of Victorville and Adelanto.
- Division 4 – All unincorporated Mountain areas, except for within the Running Springs Fire District and the Big Bear Fire Authority boundaries.
- Division 5 – All unincorporated South Desert areas, including the town of Yucca Valley and the city of Twentynine Palms.
- Division 6 – All unincorporated East Valley areas, including the city of San Bernardino.
- River Battalion – All unincorporated River areas including the Parker Dam area, Big River, and the city of Needles are NOT restricted unless necessary based upon local weather observations by the Battalion Chief assigned to this Battalion.
THIS SUSPENSION SHALL TAKE EFFECT 0600 HOURS ON MAY 26, 2017 AND SHALL REMAIN IN EFECT UNTIL LIFTED
Covered barbecues and recreational fires fueled solely by natural gas or propane are exempt from this suspension. Cooking fires of any type are permissible under permit only when NO alternate means of cooking are available.
Open fires conducted in the course of filming, public fireworks displays, or ceremonial events are exempt if properly permitted and conducted by a licensed professional, or other responsible person when the attending fire department Fire Safety Officer determines that local climactic conditions are safe.
Residential burning of trash, yard clipping and tree trimmings are ALWAYS prohibited in the Mountain and Valley areas, regardless of conditions.
Unlawful fires may result in administrative or legal action against the person kindling the fire and/or owner of the property on which the fire occurs. Full copy of the proclamation can be found on sbcfire.org.