APPLE VALLEY:(VVNG.com)- An Apple Valley man was airlifted on Wednesday afternoon after a vape pen exploded in his face.
At about 1:00 p.m. on June 22nd firefighters responded to the 14800 block of Tonikan Road in Apple Valley.
Per scanner traffic, the male contacted dispatch stating that something “blew up” while he was smoking it.
Sergeant Marc Bracco told Victor Valley News, a 40-year-old male sustained trauma to the face and was airlifted to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center.
According to Bracco, in the High Desert, they are averaging a call like this once a week.
No additional information regarding the incident is available at this time.