SAN BERNARDINO: (VVNG.com)- On 05/30/2014 at 11:49 AM, a 911 call was received from a residence in the 2600 block of N. Mercedes Ave. in the city of San Bernardino for a drowning.
4 year-old Highland resident Cameron Nunez had been playing in the residence’s in-ground spa when his hand was caught in the uncovered spa filter.
Nunez was transported to St. Bernardine Medical Center by emergency personnel and pronounced dead at 12:55 PM.
The San Bernardino Police Department is investigating this incident.
- Never leave your child unattended around water. We know it sounds strict, but there is no room for compromise on this one. Babies can drown in as little as one inch of water.
- Put the cell phone away, forget about all the other things you have to do and give young children 100 percent of your attention when they are near or around water.
- Empty all tubs, buckets, containers and wading pools immediately after use. Store them upside down and out of children’s reach.
- Keep toilet lids closed and use toilet seat locks to prevent drowning. It’s also a good idea to keep doors to bathrooms and laundry rooms closed.
- Parents have a million things to do, but learning CPR should be on the top of the list. It will give you tremendous peace of mind – and the more peace of mind you have as a parent, the better.
– See more at: http://www.safekids.org/watersafety#sthash.TZAtkZO8.dpuf