RIALTO: (VVNG.com)- On 06/06/2014, at 9:54 PM Rialto Fire Department responded to a 911 call for a child drowning in the 100 block of S. Eucalyptus Avenue in Rialto.
Paramedics arrived and found Ivan Turrico, a 10 year old resident in full arrest.
Turrico was transported by ambulance to an area hospital where he was pronounced dead at 10:40 PM. An autopsy will be conducted to determine the cause of death.
The Rialto Police Department is investigating the incident.
The Pool Safely campaign provides information on the simple steps that parents, caregivers, and pool owners should take to ensure that children and adults stay safe in and around pools and spas:
- Never leave a child unattended in a pool or spa and always watch your children closely around all bodies of water.
- Designate a water watcher to supervise children in the pool or spa. This person should not be reading, texting, using a smart phone, or otherwise distracted.
- Learn how to swim and teach your child how to swim.
- Learn how to perform CPR on children and adults.
- Keep children away from pool drains, pipes, and other openings to avoid entrapments.
- Ensure any pool and spa you use has drain covers that comply with federal safety standards, and, if you do not know, ask your pool service provider about safe drain covers.
source: San Bernardino Coroners Release//Poolsagely.gov